Ownership and use of commercial vehicles (CBS)

Road transport and haulage is restricted to those companies licensed by the Organisation for National and International Road Transport (NIWO). Private (on own account) haulage companies are registered at the Organisation for Registration of Private Haulage (SIEV). Both types of haulage companies are obliged to report their data on haulage to the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) each year. This obligation is included in article 30 of the Road Haulage Law of May 1st 1992, and is set out in more detail in the regulation of the Ministry of Transport nr. DGV/WJZ/V221920 of April 27th 1992.